Friday, April 8, 2011

Stay gold, Ponyboy. Stay gold

*Originally written on September 11th, 2010*

During my run today, as I stared at the holy white and pastel blue accents with golden hues shining through the trees and a line from a book from high school came to mind.

Stay gold, Ponyboy. Stay gold

This is from the outsiders after Ponyboy quotes Robert Frost's 'Nothing Gold Can Stay'

Nothing Gold Can Stay

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leafs a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

As I continued running, He spoke to me about persuing. I work so hard at persuing the Lord, trying to grow closer to Him and I think He told me that I needed to let Him persue me.  Wow, God wants to persue me!  It takes a bit to really absorb...stop pushing so hard...it goes along with all the other words He's spoken to me, reminding me of peace, how patience is how you handle a storm, be a gentle and quite spirit, and the such.

Then as I finished and did a quick cooldown I turned around to head to my stretching spot and had the golden sun shine all over me and absorb all throughout my being. Which returns me to the quote...why?  What is it about that...something to ponder upon...

No comments:

Post a Comment