Friday, April 8, 2011

running here until you make me move

*Originally written on March 2nd, 2011*

Thanks for the Lord blessing us with such glorious weather today I went for a trail run today, a God run...something I've missed for quite some time.  I went with nothing, no gear-just Him, me, hair down, running shoes, the Silver Comet Trail, & nature. No music, no heart rate monitor, no water belt, just me.

At first it was difficult to get into, which bothered me, God has really been speaking to me about seeking Him and Him FIRST in my life, so since I was out there, running for Him, where was He? Where was the magic?  I kept going anyhoo, and finally started hearing Him in little pieces. He wanted me to enjoy the nature...that was afterall why I left my music at home and yet, I was, too concerned about whether I was going to go 6 or 8 miles to even really listen to it. Where was my passion for the run itself?  Where did it go? I was more concerned with how much I was going to accomplish, how far, and when it would all be over...

Then it hit me, that's my problem, and that's a great deal of the world's problem.

It reminds me of a book I read (imagine that lol) by Kurt Vonnegut called Slaughterhouse Five.  In the book Billy Pilgrim, an American soldier during WWII, becomes 'unstuck' in time and instead of having time exsist for him in a linear form, it is more like a spot, a period, a sphere in which past, present, and future all coexsist.  Whenever he wishes, he can 'jump' from his present situation into a previous time or future time in his life.



I think too many of us are living our lives this way today. We spend the now either 'jumping' back into our past sins or in the tomorrows planning on after God finally comes through and does this, when this happens-too many 'one days' and never fully enjoying the mere seconds we are wasting away living in moments that don't exsist.



Each of us has our own yellow brick road we travel upon, and as children of our heavenly Father, every brick that we step beyond slowly falls away and vanishes.  Our purpose upon this road isn't the emerald city (or golden city for us) that awaits us, its the follow the yellow brick road, follow the yellow brick road, follow follow follow follow follow the yellow brick road. Its the act of the traveling that matters most, how we travel, and who we meet and minister to along the way, who we bring along with us on this journey to meet a God much more mightier than any false wizard.



As I listened to the birds singing and gazed upon the sun settling down behind the trees and hills, God's glory began to be revealed as little drops of gold speckling the path in front of me. He broung a song to mind, one I've not put much thought into for quite some time.

Lifehouse - Hanging By A Moment lyrics
Desperate for changing
Starving for truth
I'm closer to where I started
Chasing after you
I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held onto
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you

Forgetting all I'm lacking
Completely incomplete
I'll take your invitation
You take all of me now...

I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held onto
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you
I'm living for the only thing I know
I'm running and not quite sure where to go
And I don't know what I'm diving into
Just hanging by a moment here with you

There's nothing else to lose
There's nothing else to find
There's nothing in the world
That can change my mind
There is nothing else
There is nothing else
There is nothing else
Desperate for changing
Starving for truth
I'm closer to where I started
Chasing after you....

I'm falling even more in love with you
Letting go of all I've held onto
I'm standing here until you make me move
I'm hanging by a moment here with you
I'm living for the only thing I know
I'm running and not quite sure where to go
And I don't know what I'm diving into
Just hanging by a moment here with you

Just hanging by a moment (here with you)
Hanging by a moment (here with you)
Hanging by a moment here with you


This song really speaks to me, exactly what the Lord was trying to convey...I sang it to Him with all I could, hanging on every step I took.  And in response He told me to cherish Him, cherish who He is, cherish His amazing love, His amazing grace-how sweet the sound that saved a rech like me and you.
LORD, help me to live in the moment, for that is all we are promised.  Help me to live in the now, guide me blindly forward Lord, I want to see with Your eyes and not my own!  Reveal to me the true depths of how inifinte Your love really is-as much as humanly possible at least.  I want more of You, all of You!  I want to soak You in as I do the sunshine and drip of Your Spirit like a pouring rain gently falling upon every fiber of who I am.

Just be with me and be with me always, O LORD! Love me oh my Abba, Father!  Guide me Holy Spirit!


Comment from original posting:

I love your insight! This is something that God has been dealing with me for a while, and it’s so hard to just live in the moment sometimes and just bask in His presence! But what matters most is that we love Him and others with all our hearts, and like you said, ministering to others along the way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment