Monday, September 8, 2014

Marathon blogging

Hello and sorry it's been awhile. I've thought of posting many times but never did manage to get on here. So today, the same day I start my marathon, my goal is to blog it's progress daily, or at least after the runs.

My plan has me running Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, with a long run on Saturdays.  I plan to try and do strength training on the other days with 1-2 day(s) off.

So here's the tentative schedule:

Monday - run / abs / stretch

Tuesday - r30? / back, chest, arms

Wednesday - run / abs / stretch

Thursday - run / workout

Friday - off / back, chest, arms

Saturday - long run / stretch

Sunday - off / back, chest, arms

I'm not sure if I want my full day off before or after the long run, and also as distance increases whether I should cut and have 2 days off or not but we shall find out!

Today was day 1 and I had to run 6 miles. Wanted to outside but threat of bad weather scared me into the gym instead.


Not my best time but I was going for just a more fun run being my first day. After using Pinterest I found this abs workout which really got me!

 

I only did 3 sets but I'm hoping by the end I'll be up to the 5 sets. 

Anyhoo, here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment