Wednesday, September 10, 2014

5 mile hump day & a STRONGer tomorrow

So today was day 3, and one of the first days we didn't have a rain or storm change looming over my head, so with the beautiful weather I was really looking forward to going on my run today.

The training schedule has either a 5 mile for beginners or 8 mile run for advanced. I was considering the 8 miles if I ended up feeling super awesome during my run, although this is still by first marathon my ego and excitement thought I could handle it...until I got out there that is.

Headed home after work, changed and hooked up Oreo (my furry running buddy) we started out slow, but I was sure after warming up our speed would improve...I was sure...

So that didn't really happen. Usually Oreo can make it for 3 miles but after 1.7-2 miles he was kinda done so I ran him up to the yard and dropped him off.  Hoping that it was partly him slowing me down I started on my own, but yeah no.  My speed didn't improve much, in fact my mind kept wandering off into everything else I didn't need it to, everything about after I was done running.

I was running only to finish running...which is no way to run



I had to make myself focus, prayed for the Lord to help me push through, and finally with His help my speed got better and I finished my run with an extra half mile added for a total of 5.5 miles.

God pulled me through.

After I did my abs routine, same as Monday, and stretched...

I have our second group workout event tomorrow, along with another 5 mile run so I'm kinda scared at how crazy tomorrow will be...only by the Lord above with I survive.

I'm starting to feel so pulled thin, it's hard cause I have a passion for so many things and have so much I want to accomplish, but I've been wanting to run a marathon almost my whole life. It's been on my bucket list from the beginning. Trying to do both is hard to pull off.

I just have to believe that if God gave me the passion He will give me a way


"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." 

Joshua 1:9King James Version (KJV)


"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

1 Corinthians 10:13King James Version (KJV)


No comments:

Post a Comment