Monday, July 25, 2011

It's In The Little Things

It's funny how the little things you do everyday mindlessly, the things you don't think twice upon, can affect others.

This morning a friend of mine, Chelsi, posted about how just an unconscious smile blessed someone that day.  Something she not only didn't think about, but is self-conscious about also!  I remember working at QuikTrip and, while in the middle of a fight on the checkstand, I did my fake happy girly voice and smiled, with the usual greeting to the lady who came in and walked up to my register. As we finished the transaction she thanked me, and was so appreciative to see someone who actually was happy and loved their job, how rare that was.  It made me feel a tink bad honestly for faking it but it also actually changed my mood too!  Not only did the Lord use me to brighten up her day but He innocently used her to change my attitude and cheer me up!



Today at lunch, after eating I did my usual walking around the library reading, and passed a student who told me I inspired him to try walking while he read and now he loved it!  I can't recall how long I've walked around that library reading various books over the past 3 years, but to think that something so simple, God can use to reach others, amazes me.

But then He does it for me everyday...in the little things He blesses me with.  A beautiful painted sky every morning or the glowing of the moon and stars at night, uniquely crafted each time.  A bird bathing in a puddle, a lighting bug's cute little butt all lit up, honey bees, flowers, the sound of rain drops and the flash of a lightening, or even just the secondhand unprovoked compliment from my mother.


"For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, that no flesh should glory in His presence. But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God—and righteousness and sanctification and redemption— that, as it is written, “He who glories, let him glory in the LORD.”"
1 Corinthians 1:26-31 NKJV

-------------------------------------------------------------
"Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen." 
1 Timothy 1:16-17 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment