Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My Mosaic

"O lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.
 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
 For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether...

My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them. "
Psalm 139: 1-4, 15-16 KJV


I am a mosaic, a collection of broken pieces of glass that He brought together to make into the unique artwork that became me.
Hand-crafted along with my imperfections and shortcomings, for it is in those that I find true perfection, acceptance, and love through the grace of Christ Jesus.



"And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. "
2 Corinthians 12:7-10 KJV


1 comment: