Saturday, May 14, 2011

This is my Thank You

There is something about progress, moving forward that brings a joy hard to express. 

This week I managed to accomplish getting my mother back in the gym to workout, a goal of mine for quite some time. After that, my soul sister came over with her little blue-eyed, strawberry blonde, tiny blessing and we hung out, laughing and just being together.  The next day at work she wrote me one of the sweetest emails about how she really cherished our friendship and loved me. It helped me realize how important others are to our lives. What's being healthy if you are alone. While running that evening I pondered on the whole thing, and how much she really did mean to me.

It's always nice to know that someone who has helped you more than they could ever imagine, lets you know you've helped them also...

"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. " Proverbs 27:17 KJV

This year I bought a new baithing suit and while trying it on ended up having to get an XS top and a M bottom.  At first I wasn't sure how I felt and asked my sister who was overjoyed at me actually having enough of a butt to need one.  Which ended up helping me actually be excited to be a medium!  Something I've not experienced in years...if ever really to be honest. 

Smaller was always better and yet never small enough.

"5Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.
 6For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.
 7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
 8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
 9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
 10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong. " 2 Corinthians 12:5-10 KJV


Like Paul, we each have a thorn in the flesh, something we struggle with, that humanizes us and keeps our focus on how much we truely need God and cannot do it alone.

God revealed to me how far I've come and while on my run I realized I never would have gotten myself here if it wasn't for these people God blessed me with.  Marie's meer presence comforts me and helps me accept and love myself for who I am.  Christina brings out a 'big sister' type of security, comfort and my goofy-side from childhood.  They help me cherish and love the Temple of God that I am, sharpen my focus, and I can only hope I help sharpen theirs.


And there are so many others who have helped and been there for me, men and women.  My mother, father, sister Elena who has overcome so much and still continues to do so it amazes me.  Chelsi, Maxwell, Jennifer, Brian-all those who just love me...for me. They accept me and my flaws and let Christ shine forth as the noonday sun guiding me. 


1 comment:

  1. You are very loved. And you are very influential to those around you...seriously. :) A true woman of God who bears her soul for others to be encouraged by. :)

    ReplyDelete