Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Meditate on Him

So I've done a ton of races this year... we have a local St. Patty's day 5k, The Color Run, The Badass Dash, and the most recent Superhero Scramble

 https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=155f7f6a07&view=att&th=13e102310357ffef&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_hfkazpdp0&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_oqca4ffrRjM8wHkTm2Rx8&sadet=1367436256774&sads=lLOf5QbPJlsJMCgZrjyCwKp74P0

My next is the Supercon Fun Run with a best buddy (Marie to the left #73282) and her little girl. The best part? We are going to dress up! Cannot wait!
 (I'm a dork I know)



In other news, I'm getting better at accepting my weight gain. My family wants me to keep it, I don't necessarily but am learning to love me how I am, and also adjust to getting older and the higher body fat percentages that go along with it.  I figure getting more tone and back to a regular workout routine, something I've lacked with all the craziness recently, will not only help tone me again, but also with my opinion of myself and my mood (yay endorphins!) On a positive note it's kinda nice to have a decent tushy now. On a negative one, it is never alright to ask a girl if she's expecting!  And why is it only women who ask this?  Really you would think they would know better!

My Work has recently really gotten into meditation which is kinda weird for some people, and I'm sure there are those that think this is only a new-age or middle-eastern practice but it's not. Actually even the bible mentions meditating, actually the New King James does 20 times (taken from BibleGateway.com):



  1. Genesis 24:63
    And Isaac went out to meditate in the field in the evening; and he lifted his eyes and looked, and there, the camels were coming.
    Genesis 24:62-64 (in Context) Genesis 24 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  2. Joshua 1:8
    This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
    Joshua 1:7-9 (in Context) Joshua 1 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  3. Psalm 1:2
    But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night.
    Psalm 1:1-3 (in Context) Psalm 1 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  4. Psalm 4:4
    Be angry, and do not sin. Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still. Selah
    Psalm 4:3-5 (in Context) Psalm 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  5. Psalm 63:6
    When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches.
    Psalm 63:5-7 (in Context) Psalm 63 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  6. Psalm 77:6
    I call to remembrance my song in the night; I meditate within my heart, And my spirit makes diligent search.
    Psalm 77:5-7 (in Context) Psalm 77 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  7. Psalm 77:12
    I will also meditate on all Your work, And talk of Your deeds.
    Psalm 77:11-13 (in Context) Psalm 77 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  8. Psalm 119:15
    I will meditate on Your precepts, And contemplate Your ways.
    Psalm 119:14-16 (in Context) Psalm 119 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  9. Psalm 119:23
    Princes also sit and speak against me, But Your servant meditates on Your statutes.
    Psalm 119:22-24 (in Context) Psalm 119 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  10. Psalm 119:27
    Make me understand the way of Your precepts; So shall I meditate on Your wonderful works.
    Psalm 119:26-28 (in Context) Psalm 119 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  11. Psalm 119:48
    My hands also I will lift up to Your commandments, Which I love, And I will meditate on Your statutes.
    Psalm 119:47-49 (in Context) Psalm 119 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  12. Psalm 119:78
    Let the proud be ashamed, For they treated me wrongfully with falsehood; But I will meditate on Your precepts.
    Psalm 119:77-79 (in Context) Psalm 119 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  13. Psalm 119:148
    My eyes are awake through the night watches, That I may meditate on Your word.
    Psalm 119:147-149 (in Context) Psalm 119 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  14. Psalm 143:5
    I remember the days of old; I meditate on all Your works; I muse on the work of Your hands.
    Psalm 143:4-6 (in Context) Psalm 143 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  15. Psalm 145:5
    I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your majesty, And on Your wondrous works.
    Psalm 145:4-6 (in Context) Psalm 145 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  16. Isaiah 33:18
    Your heart will meditate on terror: “Where is the scribe? Where is he who weighs? Where is he who counts the towers?”
    Isaiah 33:17-19 (in Context) Isaiah 33 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  17. Malachi 3:16
    [ A Book of Remembrance ] Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another, And the Lord listened and heard them; So a book of remembrance was written before Him For those who fear the Lord And who meditate on His name.
    Malachi 3:15-17 (in Context) Malachi 3 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  18. Luke 21:14
    Therefore settle it in your hearts not to meditate beforehand on what you will answer;
    Luke 21:13-15 (in Context) Luke 21 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  19. Philippians 4:8
    [ Meditate on These Things ] Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
    Philippians 4:7-9 (in Context) Philippians 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
  20. 1 Timothy 4:15
    Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all.
    1 Timothy 4:14-16 (in Context) 1 Timothy 4 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations


The way the instructor described meditation it seems that you are calming and quieting the mind down, relaxing, and focusing on one thing, breath for example. Not being too awake but not dozing off either.

The first few times I focused on my breathing as he instructed (we have been doing his introduction to meditation) but this time I chose to focus and think on God Almighty.

To me it seems that prayer is us talking to God, and meditation is when we quiet ourselves down, internally and externally, and let God speak to us. We just listen.

It doesn't have to be long, but I want you to just try it sometime...you don't need to sign praise songs to Him, you can be thankful but don't be thanking Him, just listen to Him...respectfully and lovingly quiet yourself before our loving Father and see how your relationship grows!

No comments:

Post a Comment