Friday, November 16, 2012

Art & Exercising Faith

So quickie update: workouts going well, even for how crazy this week has been. Didn't end up doing the interval workout Tina & Best Body Bootcamp had planned and took Ride class instead, but I'm going to try and fit it in (at least partly) today...were going to see how I work things out next week with Thanksgiving and the MUST Ministries Gobblejog!  So excited by the way :). Side note my bodyfat has improved again with weight remining normal, so so far so good though!

Wednesday my lifetime best friend had her Fall Senior Art Exhibit at Kennesaw State University which I got to go to (after my very quick workout) and it was totally worth it!  She has such amazing talent and has worked so hard to get that far, with a soon-to-have degree (come December) and a beautiful, expressive, and curious little red-haired girl to show for it. 



Walking around taking in all the artists work, it was awesome. Taking in the different ways each one expresses themselves. Then we would stand back and observe how others examined her piece, took it in, absorbing it, and then their reactions afterwards. 

I'm so glad I got to be there for her and take part in this memory! As we talked and waited for her family to come, I wouldn't have traded my standing spot to anyone. 






On a different note, something that has been on my mind recently is joy and faith. I've been really praying for a more of a joyous, uplifting spirit (and I've probably blogged about it I'm sure) and working on choosing to have one. Something the Lord really revealed to me recently was that my problem was not just in choosing joy but in faith and trust, and my lack thereof. If I really had faith in the Lord, believed God really was in control, and trusted Him with everything I would have nothing to be down about. 

" Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance." Psalm 42:5 KJV

"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him." 2 Samuel 22:31 KJV

"And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee." Psalm 9:10 KJV

 "The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower." Psalm 18:2 KJV

 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proberbs 3:5-6 KJV

So now I guess that means I have a new goal! Not just to have a more joyous spirit, and to be more positive and uplifting, but also in trusting in my heavenly Father COMPLETELY and trusting in Him with all of me.

to end on a random note...I have a strange desire to sing old hymns...and also happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment