Sunday, September 2, 2012

Hebrews 12

This has been a very interesting week, well interesting time in my life recently really.  My birthday, mom's birthday, applied for a new job (finger's crossed with many prayers!), current work has been crazy busy, some outings scheduled with friends & family, and one blind-date (didn't work out though). Mix that with the emotional stress I put myself under on a normal basis anyhoo, two of my closest friends battling severe depression, major financial battles that not only I am enduring, but having to watch many of my family members go through the same...it has also been very overwhelming!

So when one of my friends had to cancel today, I decided to take the wonderful weather welcoming September in as a chance to have a run with God.

When I run with one of my running partners we go 4-6 miles, when I run with the other I run 6-8 miles, when I run with just myself I run 10.5 miles, and when I run for the world I run 13.5-14 miles (a very rare run indeed)...no matter the distance I always run with the Lord!



This was a 10.5 mile kind of day. A just run everything off kind of day. I ran with just God, no music, no conversation...just God and me.  Emptying myself onto Him, my thoughts and fears, reaffirmed my trust and faith in His decisions and spoke that no matter what happened, I knew it was His will and I would follow.  I didn't know what the future holds, who my soul mate is, where I'll live or work, how my bills will work out, but I know that they will...through Him and His hand on my life, it will all be okay.

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12: 1-2 NKJV


Ending this blog post on a positive note, my friend's father and the outreach pastor stood in the place for my father and spoke a blessing over me a few weeks ago. One that I cherish, and now get to see every time I wake up!  Knowing that my heavenly Father's blessings are on me, over me, and awaiting me, I cannot wait to see what His Almighty plans will be!

One thing the future does hold for me....Autumn & the state fair!!! Yay!


1 comment: