Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Exciting Things All Around

It's been awhile, and sorry about that so much has been going on with me it's crazy!

First, I've started going to The Goldberg Clinic with doctors named Dr. Paul Goldberg MPH, DC, DACBN, DCBCN and Dr. David Tener, DC.  He was VERY highly recommended for me and my current health problems including IBS & my missing cycle (which is 1-1 1/2 years + at this point) that no other doctors can seem to figure out. He gave me a delayed food allergy test and a bacteria test and found out I apparently:

Food Allergies:
  • Severe: Milk
  • Moderate: Mustard Seed
  • Mild: Almonds, Cashews, Peanuts, Sunflower, Crab

Here were a few of my favorite things:

Nonfat Greek Yogurt


Mustard


Unsweetened Almond milk

And Peanut butter...need I say more?

*A moment of silence*

Does is suck not being able to eat these & many other things, yes of course. Will I get over it, yes of course. I'm already feeling better so that is motivation enough to keep at it! 


Bacteria:

I don't have any severe but I do apparently have one (I can't recall the name of & the results page is still in the mail currently) that is at a warning level and if it progresses can lead to autoimmune disorders/diseases.  Since I already suffer with Raynaud's Phenomenon which can be a precursor for that it definitely got my attention. 



He did a fast, or a cleanse for me in the beginning for 7-8 days to heal my gut and now I'm on a limited diet while we continue that healing process. During the cleanse I wasn't allowed to exercise which was a killer for me to grasp, but I think in the end a healthy maneuver not just physically but mentally as well. He also wants me to get some sun exposure (skin showing & no sunscreen) & not just for the vitamin D.  It's definitely different, but I am feeling better so it's exciting also!



Second, my bestie Chelsi is getting married!  I'm so excited & I'm the maid of honor so I'm also crazy busy planning lol.  But it's totally worth it!




Thirdly, I'll be joining a fellow Georgia blogger Tina Reale (& much better then myself might-I-add) Best Body Bootcamp! I found her though one of the cutest bloggers I follow, Peanut Butter Fingers.  I'm so excited I cannot wait!  From what I gather she seems to be into circuit workouts which I've not done a ton of so it'll be a new experience & one I think my workout could use! What's also neat is she is a believer & invited me to the blogger bootcamp get-together thingy they have at the end of each month!  It'll be really nice to get to meet new people & get a good workout at the same time...if my life will slow down enough for me to go to one!

No comments:

Post a Comment