Friday, July 13, 2012

The Female Masterpiece

Recently, the subject of women and equality has been coming up through work topics and friend's posts, and I've finally decided to write my perspective on the matter.



We are not men (shocking I know)

I don't want to be 'equal' to man, I don't think I can do anything a man does.  I am not a man, I am a women.  While we are no less than a man, we are no more than them either. I recommend everyone watch The Science of the Sexes as well as read this article from Discovery Health: Do Men & Women Have Different Brains?



"And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; and the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.  And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed." Genesis 2:20-25 KJV





Women are God's creative expression of His amazing love for man.  We were made to be enjoyed, cherished, treasured, protected, and loved.  I don't want a man who is like me, I want a man.  Masculine, protective, logical & loving, tall, dark-haired (preferred), & handsome.  A guy that will make me feel petite, delicate, & beautiful.  I am part of man, a vital, elaborate & intricate, individualized, porcelain masterpiece. I don't want to be compared to a man, nor do I want to be one.  I am physically weaker but emotionally stronger.  While men carry the weight of the world on their shoulders, we carry their weight on ours along with the rest of the family.



We were made to complete each other, not be each other. Yes women are strong, smart, & capable.  We are just as capable at certain things, but in the end, were not a man (I'm not at least).  There are & will always be things that my brother-in-laws are better at then I am. But there are also things that I will always be better at then they are.  It's the even exchange.  Cats are cats and dogs are dogs, both are awesome pets but one is not the other.

Heads and tails may be on one coin but the head will never be the tail and the tail will never be the head, they will remain on opposite sides where they balance each other out.

Be very careful if you make a woman cry, because God counts her tears. The woman came out of a man’s rib. Not from his feet to be walked on. Not from his head to be superior, but from the side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved.” – This is written in the Hebrew Talmud, the book where all of the sayings and preaching of Rabbis are conserved over time."


2 comments:

  1. I agree. I found my adam, the one who i complete. They should think of puzzle pieces, we can not all be the same one. Man is a different piece than us to complete us when we are together. We started out as one completed being and were separated to love one another. We are both beautiful, but in different ways.

    ReplyDelete