Friday, October 19, 2012

I like my magic shoes

Sorry it's been awhile, here's a quickie on what's going on with me!

Saw the doctor & I can now eat "free range organic poultry" (which for me means poultry for now cause I'm poor) but otherwise still same. He said I looked so much better & I told him I felt better too, but since it's only been a month it sadly must continue. I am getting used to it & the addition of poultry has helped so much (although I cannot wait the day I'll be able to eat oatmeal & beans again!)

I'm going to be starting Tina Reale's Best Body Bootcamp on Monday. So excited!!! I will be posting of my progress throughout, although limited on details for obvious reasons lol. I really am excited about getting a good muscle workout again and having that partnership push. I miss that.

On the 25th I get to go hear Dr. David Jeremiah preach at the Philips Arena, yayness! I really grown to love hearing him so cannot wait.

I will hopefully soon be looking into getting a house. The first step was made today: calling the real estate agent from my church and contacting him through email. He's going to put me in contact with some lenders so slowly but surely I may end up moving!


At church last Sunday the pastor preached on the armor of God, specifically the feet

"And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace"
Ephesians 6:15 KJV


 
What comes to my mind first? Forrest Gump of course!  I love that movie (for those who don't know lol)  & I even added a note in my YouVersion Bible app...to quote the man himself:

"Forrest: Momma always says there's an awful lot you could tell about a person by their shoes. Where they're going. Where they've been. I've worn lots of shoes. I bet if I think about it real hard I could remember my first pair of shoes...Mama says they was magic shoes. They could take me anywhere..."


  After the early service was over I stopped & told him & he was so amused he had me email it to him so he could use if during the second service!  Gotta love Gumpisms (^-^)

What's great is how this really does apply to this verse for me...Through Christ and the Holy Spirit we really do have "Magic Shoes" that, through our Heavenly Father's love, will take us anywhere (within His will of course)!

  
Also how we take care of our "spiritual magic shoes" will say a great deal about our daily walk with the Lord.  From how much time we actually spend walking with Him to how we take care of the relationship itself and our "shoes"



Yes I am a dork...that is all


 

No comments:

Post a Comment