Friday, December 16, 2011

The True Depth of a Child

Who's to say children cannot comprehend deeper concepts.  I think it is adults that have a hard time grasping the depth of the young untainted imagination.  It's like a non-swimmer falling into the deep end of a swimming pool. When we realize we can no longer feel the floor underneath us we start to freak.



Part of what I think helps creates this is a child's faith. I think it's why Christ loved the children so-he could reach them more, pain hasn't blocked them yet...



"Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein." Mark 10:15 KJV



There are but a handful of people I think really embraced and tried to flourish the child's mind, men such as Dr. Seuss, Shel Silverstein, C.S. Lewis, Jim Henson, J.R. Tolken stand out in my mind in particular...



Random note I know but there ya go.

No comments:

Post a Comment