Wednesday, September 17, 2014

It's all gone to the dogs...

So today I did another 5 miles with Oreo, and although I felt exhausted before I even started and I worried about my knees handling it, we had a very good run. With the breeze and slightly cooler temperature it felt awesome. And he did great!





For the first time in what feels like forever (although really less then a year) he ran over 3.5 miles and didn't drag me.

The first 3 miles he ran at an average 9 minute mile pace, and the last 2.5 at less then 9:30 minute miles.  I am so very proud of him!

Last night I took r30 (the short & sweet bike class at Gold's Gym) and then did back and arms again before heading home.

I'm really considering getting my certification with ride so I  can be a substitute instructor...I really do enjoy the class.  But that is a long ways away from now.

I have some time to decide, and see how group workout does, but I really do think I may try to get certified next year once my marathon is overwith. What attracted me to Strong was the christian background it had, but they've kinda watered it down to attract more people...but then to me, it makes it no different then all the other "group" workouts out there, and we have a few in the area already...so I'm just not sure.

In the meantime, aside from my obstacle races, I have a half  I might do with a friend for Thanksgiving in place of my Gobblejog 10k/5k I usually do and maybe a couple 5ks with another friend, so things are coming along!



In our prophesy group we have been having an in-depth study of the day of the Lord and are about to discuss the various views on the rapture, or great catching away, which should be interesting!






No comments:

Post a Comment