Sunday, October 9, 2011

In the Eskimo Kiss of my Life

Warm breath gently brushes against her cheek as his velvety lips grace just barely against hers. Foreheads press together and the butterflies begin to dance within her...she knows what's coming.  Noses rub softly together and anticipation builds within as her heart skips a beat awaiting the next few seconds to progress.

That moment right before you kiss the one you love, or your first kiss, not knowing what to expect.  Its one of my favorite moments, although I've experienced it very rarely, the few times I have experienced it, were amazing...and I cannot wait to experience it with my soul mate, the one God has planned for me.

I think the thing that makes the kiss so special is the involvement of all the senses: touch with your lips, cheek, breath, hands, as they gently brush away hair or just  rest against the cheek of the other. Sight, taste, sound, and even vocal as you whisper to one another sweet nothings and I love you.

It's the anticipation that makes the moment before, so valuable to me...those few seconds before one lip begins to dance with another, when your heart is jumping, butterflies are in flight, and your feet begin to leave the ground.  That's what makes the Eskimo kiss or the prelude to a kiss, so invigorating and special for me.  I don't just kiss anyone (hence why I've not kissed much) so the few individuals I have gotten to experience this with, regardless of the ending, were worth it for me.



I was pondering this, when I felt my heavenly Father place it upon my heart that that was where my life was right now. I'm in the "Eskimo kiss" stage of my life. He has promised to bring me someone through others (a prophetic word spoken), through my sister Christina, and through His Word, & I'm trusting and having faith that He will bring it to pass soon and "the desires of the righteous will be granted". So as I wait, I feel like He is telling me that this is where I'm at. I am in the few single moments where the excitement over who my Father God will bring to me begins to flutter within me, and activates - all my senses as well as my spirit. Knowing, however He chooses to usher it in, He will be glorified and give His name glory and honor in the process and let everyone know that He brought us together, and "who God brings together, let no man separate".

Let all know, including myself, that I am worth it, I was worth the wait, to someone out there. That I am beautiful to someone, I am their soul mate, the person they waited for all their lives.

I can bring butterflies within someone, elevating them off the ground. I complete someone.



It's funny the way God works sometimes. I guess the few singles I do know I see finding their mate and I've wondered when it would be that people would look to me and think "they are such a cute couple, they fit together". Randomly, it brought to mind part of the Disney movie The Little Mermaid song: "Part of Your World" in my head. These few lyrics repeating within my head:

"I wanna be where the people are, I wanna see, wanna see 'em dancin'...

Up where they walk, up where they run, up where they stay all day in the sun,
Wanderin' free, wish I could be, part of that world."

After telling Tina this, she said it was funny cause she almost wanted to Heytell me"You wanna kiss the girl, Sha-la-la-la-la-la " part of the song "Kiss the Girl" from The Little Mermaid and neither one of us has seen or thought about that movie in years, or told the other that we were.  It may be silly, but I'm believing it's a sign, a sign that I am rubbing noses with whoever the Lord will be bringing into my life soon.



Yes, I am a silly silly girl, but you are the one who chose to read this all so, blame yourself =P

No comments:

Post a Comment